Monday, February 23, 2015

T 2 2.24



Continuing my experimentation in layout and graphics, I wanted to listen to the advice of my peers and Kidwell to visualize what sound looks like. I found that by using the laser cutter, I could create my ideas and let them start to form into shape.

To form the box I used chip board. I wanted to layer the floor to give it a feeling of motion. By using a technique I have seen architects use, layering files on top of each other, I realized how bebop may feel to walk on. Also, I chose to remove the glass barriers and put piano dividers instead to emphasis the importance of the instrument. After listening to multiple bebop songs, the piano has a solo most of the time during the middle-to end break of the trumpet.

My goal is for the space to visually represent the project and Charlie Parker. My type is cracked and scattered similar to the beats of the music, my floor provides motion along with the spinning, interactive doors. Charlie's importance is emphasized in the center of the piece, shown to the outside world by walls of glass. As of now, the floor has an image on it. But I would like have that etched into it instead, to again provide the idea of motion as you walk.

I hope to continue to increase the design quality of my graphics, but I am finally confident in the direction it is headed.



 These are the dielines I used for
my container space and the floor.





No comments:

Post a Comment